Reporting COVID-19 to Public Health
Current California requirements for reporting of COVID-19 by health care providers (HCP)
- Submit COVID-19 Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR) for the following situations:
- Hospitalizations (for hospitals, please include suspected nosocomial COVID infections)
- When reporting on COVID hospitalizations/deaths, please include the following information if applicable:
- Residents/staff of residential care facilities, shelters, and congregate correctional settings. Please specify name of congregate living facility on CMR.
- Two options for reporting cases to Public Health:
- Electronic Reporting (CalREDIE) – Preferred
- Submit COVID-19 Confidential Morbidity Report (CMR) and supplemental documents directly into CalREDIE via the Provider Portal.
- To request access, follow the directions in this link: CalREDIE Provider Portal
- Fax or Email
COVID-19 Outbreak Investigation and Reporting Thresholds for Acute Care Hospitals and Long-Term Care Facilities
- Report suspected COVID-19 outbreaks using the Shared Portal for Outbreak Tracking (SPOT)
Questions? Call the Communicable Disease Unit (CDU) on weekdays 8am–5pm at (831) 454-4114. Outside of these hours, please leave a voicemail for a later response or email us at HSACD@santacruzcounty.us For information about the reporting of other disease cases or outbreaks, please visit the Communicable Disease Unit webpage.